Here is the news of the week:
- Join us this Sunday for the Children and Youth Service and recognition of the wonderful team of Sunday School teachers here at St. Mark’s. Teachers and children are urged to gather in Goodwin Hall at about 9:55 and Rev. Ben will lead the procession into the sanctuary. Look for the children and youth who will be ushering, doing the readings, leading the intercessions, bringing up the bread and wine plus passing the offering plates. Quite a team!
- Welcome back to Rev. Debbie this week and congratulations to her for two recent awards she has received: the Outstanding Educator Award from the Eastern Connecticut State University Alumni Association in April and in May, Debbie was recognized by Becker College with the prestigious President’s award, the highest honor given to an employee.
- VBS registration is now up and running. Dates are August 7-11 from 9-12:30. The VBS celebration service will be at 10am on August 13 at Storrs Congregational.
- Travel on North Eagleville Road continues to be an interesting challenge. But you can get here with access from Discovery Drive/Hillside Road . Persevere through several stop signs to our parking lot.
- North East Regional Convocation Planning Invitation to all parishioners at St. Mark’s –please join us to welcome our new missionary, Maggie Breen, and to continue the work of collaboration on God’s Mission in CT. Dinner will be provided and sign up is through eventbrite.com. Deadline to sign up is July 3. The convocation will be held on the lawn St. John’s Vernon from 6-9pm. Registration information is below. It is important that St. Mark’s be represented. Please let Rev. Ben know if you plan to attend.
- Happy Father’s Day to dads, granddads and all men who step into a mentoring role and serve as a father figure to all our children. It does take a village.
- Gratitude of the Week: To Tom Cottrell and Jim Morrow who trained our two newest chalice bearers.–Jared Henderson and Matt Ouellette. Many thanks to Tom and Jim for sharing their knowledge and many thanks to Jared and Matt for joining the Sunday Ministers team,.
Best wishes, Linda