Here is the news of the week:
(The printer-ready version HERE.)
- Following the 10 AM service this Sunday, there will be a brief Parish Meeting to elect a new warden. The meeting will be held downstairs during coffee hour.
- Youth Music Ministry got off to a great start last Sunday. All children ages 4 and up are invited to join the Music Makers or the Choir Collective after the 10 AM service each Sunday. The program continues until Christmas.
- Next Saturday is the Blessing of the Animals as we observe St. Francis Day. Please bring your pet to the church for a 1 PM blessing. All pets will receive a St. Francis medal for their collars and there will be treats for all–two-legged and four-legged.
- Our annual fire drill is next Sunday, October 8, during the 10 AM service. Please take time to read the cards in the pews that explain the process.
- Break Bread with the New Guy….outside of church. The idea is to get a handful of folks to host small clusters of parishioners for a gathering. Several of the events should be easy for families with kids to join. Already there are 6 hosts but one or two more would be terrific.Please speak with Sondra Boyer or Stef Summers if you are interested in hosting. Later sign-up sheets will be posted and everyone invited to sign up for a date that works for them.
- Saturday, October 28 is St. Mark’s Day to do Lunch at the Covenant Soup Kitchen.A crew to help out is needed. Please contact Sondra Boyer for more information.
- Update on the Reformation Unity Concert on October 22. The venue and the time of the concert have changed. The concert will be at Asylum Hill Congregational Church (not the Bushnell) at 4 PM. Tickets are available only at the door.
- A new beginning: Starting in October, Rev. Brian will be leading the chapel service at Mansfield Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation on the fourth Thursday of each month at 10:30 AM.
- If you are interested in being a usher at either service, please come to the usher orientation on Sunday, October 8 at 9 AM.
- Dates to Remember:
- Ann Perrott’s ordination is on Saturday, October 7 at 10 AM at Christ Church in Norwich.
- Come to a Shelter of Peace (the Sukkah) on October 8 in support of our neighbors in need at the NoFreeze Shelter in Willimantic. Bring a dish to share. The fun starts at 4 PM.
- WAIM’s Harvest of Hope–a wine tasting–is on Saturday, October 21 from 5-8 PM at the Spring Hill Inn. Entertainment by the Earl McDonald Jazz Trio. More information is available at: email@example.com
Best wishes, Linda