Here is the news of the week:
- Tonight at 7:30 PM — There is a Vigil for Vegas on Fairfield Way at UConn. Everyone is invited to come together in solidarity to discuss and mourn Sunday‘s tragedy in Las Vegas.
- This Saturday at 1 PM — You are invited by Luke, Layla, Buddie, Zeus, Joey, Teddy, Higgins, Bear and Nutmeg and many more to the Blessing of the Animals. Treats for all!
- Noon on Saturday — You can bring a sweet smelling best friend. The PreVet Club will hold a dog wash, starting at noon, on Saturday at the Radcliffe Hicks Building and Arena. A visit to the doggie spa, a blessing and a treat all adds up to a splendid day.
- ∗∗∗∗ Congratulations to all ∗∗∗∗
September’s Last Sunday Offering designated to Episcopal Relief and Development for hurricane relief collected $357.61. Your generosity is gratefully appreciated.
- This Sunday during the 10 AM service — The Annual Fire Drill will be held during the 10 am service. Please refresh your familiarity with procedures by reading the card in each pew.
- Rev. Brian is revitalizing the Outreach Committee and asks if you are interested that you speak with him about this opportunity to serve others.
- This Saturday evening — The Neighbor Fund will host a fundraiser at the Fitch House on Storrs Road from 5-7:30 PM. The Neighbor Fund assists those in the community impacted by immigration policies. For more information, contact Acey Neel. Rev. Brian met with Glenn Mitoma this week to learn more about the Human Rights Institute at UConn–stay tuned for more outreach opportunities.
- This Friday, Oct. 6 at 4 PM — What is next for Puerto Rico? Join Senator Chris Murphy, tomorrow, Friday, October 6 at 4 PM for a conversation on how Congress can best be supportive of relief efforts plus addressing the systemic issues that have long impacted the island. The meeting will be held at Generations Health Center at 40 Mansfield Avenue in Willimantic.
- Sunday Ministers are needed:
• This Sunday an intercessor at 10 AM and counters are needed.
• Next Sunday, October 15 the following Sunday Ministers are needed: counters, coffee hour hosts, and a chalice at the 10am service. Can you help?
∗∗∗∗ The Church Office will be closed on Monday for the holiday. ∗∗∗∗
And as always, please remember a non-perishable food item
for the Covenant Soup Kitchen.