Here is the news of the week:
- MLK Day of Service on Monday. The Outreach Committee of St. Mark’s invites your participation from 11:30-1:30. as they make literacy kits. What a great activity for kids, too. You are asked to preregister so UConn can prepare. Park at St. Mark’s by 11:15 am and the group will walk across campus together. Here is the link to register: Registration Link
- The Annual Meeting is on Sunday, January 28 following the 10 am service. Join us for a light brunch, election of Vestry Officers, approval of the budget and to hear about the exciting plans for 2018.
- And the new Vestry Slate is: Madison Day and Steve Paasch, Wardens, Steve Rogers, Treasurer, Alex Walker, Clerk and Members-at-Large include: Paul Belval, Sue Gagnon, Matt Ouellette, and Andrea Wilderman.
- The Last Sunday Offering for December designated to the No Freeze Shelter raised $637! Thank you for your generosity.
- Go to a UConn Women’s basketball game for $10!! Next Thursday, January 18 at 7 pm in Gampel. Please let the office know by tomorrow if you plan to attend. We need a minimum group of 15 to get the great pricing. This evening is sponsored by the Area Association of Religious Communities.
- Bishop Douglas will be here on Tuesday, January 23 at 6 pm to celebrate Confirmation, Reception and Baptism. It will be a glorious and beautiful service but you are needed to play a key role: ushers, readers, altar guild, chalice, intercessor, acolytes. Please let the office know your availability.
- Starting on Monday, January 29, Rev. Brian will be leading a Monday Morning Meditation Service at 8 am. All are welcome. What a wonderful way to start the week!
- The first evening Eucharist of the year will be on Tuesday, January 30 at 7 pm. Bring a friend!
- There will be a service of healing prayer on Wednesday, January 30 at 7 pm.
- The poinsettias in the chapel are available for you to take to a shut-in or friend who might need a bit of cheer. They can be picked up following the 10 am service this Sunday.
- And, definitely last but not least, mark your calendars for the installation of Rev. Brian at the new rector of St. Mark’s on Tuesday, February 13, Shrove Tuesday. Do you sense a theme for this party? Again we will need ushers, readers, altar guild, chalice bearers, and an intercessor. Want to help? Sign up in the office. It is a parish party so everyone is encouraged to participate.
Best wishes, Linda