01-26-18 News of the Week
- This Sunday is Annual Meeting Sunday! Join us for a light brunch and serious conversation following the 10 am service. Rev. Brian will speak about his first 5 months at St. Mark’s and his vision for mission, growth and goals for 2018.
- Also, this Sunday is the First Family Liturgy of the year at the 10am service. The children will lead the service with readings, music, and the Prayers of the People. Other children will serve as ushers, oblation bearers, crucifer and torches. It will be exuberant, to say the least.
- Congratulations to the recently baptized, received, and confirmed parishioners and their sponsors. Tuesday’s celebration was made possible by so many—Tom Recchio, Mark Healey, Bill Morgan, Matt Ouellette, Brendan and Melia Kaufold, Art Engler, Steve Paasch, Gale Cottrell, Sue DeWolf, Gale Morrow, Sondra Boyer, Madison Day, Barbara Depray, Kathy Pepin, Nate Oehler, Sarah Kaufold, Charlie Houmard, Rex Sturdevant, and the choir plus everyone who brought food for the reception. It was a feast for the heart, eyes, spirit, and stomachs for all in attendance.
- The next big event on the calendar is the Celebration of New Ministry and Installation of Rev. Brian as the Rector of St. Mark’s. The date is Tuesday, February 13, Shrove Tuesday. Perfect timing for a party. Bishop Laura Ahrens will be celebrating. What ideas do you propose? What talents do you wish to share? Readers, intercessors, ushers, altar guild, flowers, Eucharistic ministers, and party planes are all needed for this celebration.
- ECCT and the Northeast Regional Missionary are hosting with St. Peter’s South Windsor a Lenten Day of Spiritual Engagement on Saturday, March 17 from 8:30am-2pm. This is a journey of spiritual autobiography through conversation, reflection and writing. Eucharist and Lunch will be included. Questions, contact the Rev. Anne Fraley, at Rector@stpeters-sw.org or the Rev. Virginia Army at firstname.lastname@example.org
- New services start next week:
- Monday Morning Meditations at 8am
- Tuesday Eucharist at 7pm and
- Healing Prayer at 7 on Wednesday evening.