This week saw the addition of three new services–Monday Morning Meditations, Tuesday evening Eucharist and a Wednesday evening healing service. Next week in lieu of a healing service there will be a discussion about the Apocalypse and the Book of Revelation. Hope to see you at one of these services.
There is more news:
- The Celebration of New Ministry is Tuesday, February 13 at 6:30PM. It will be a party. Plans are progressing for a reception–please lend a hand and share your ideas for a Shrove Tuesday gala. Many hands make light work. Would you like to read a lesson?
- The Campus Ministry Group is formulating exciting plans to become a UConn group–Progressive Christian Fellowship. The conversation continues at Starbuck’s on Monday, February 26 and you are invited to join the group. Committee members include Jared Henderson, Matt Ouellette, Janet Belval, Briannon Chester and Acey Neel.
- Bill Morgan wrote an article for the Northeast Region of ECCT Newsletter about the Crazy Christians book group. The newsletter is posted on the kiosk in Goodwin Hall.
- Believe it or not, Lent is right around the corner–Ash Wednesday observances on Wednesday, February 14, mark the beginning of Lent. There will be two beautiful, short and reflective services. A spoken Eucharist with imposition of ashes at 12 noon and a service with music at 5pm
- Finally, after many stops and starts, the Amazon Smile account for St. Mark’s is active. If you designate St. Mark’s as your charity of choice, Amazon will send a check for a percentage of money spent. Individually it might not be hugely beneficial but if the entire parish participates, there could be dividends to help the budget shortfall. It is easy to use: go to smile.amazon.com and log in to your existing account (if not already logged in) and follow the prompts to search for St. Mark’s. Thank you.
- This Sunday is the first Sunday of the month and as such the loose offering goes to the Rector’s Discretionary Fund to help those in need. The Outreach Committee is meeting to determine charities to receive the Last Sunday Offering and to design envelopes for giving. Ideas to share? Committee members are: Sondra Boyer, Joan Doiron, Helene Marcy, Kathy Pepin and Bill Morgan.
- If you did not get a copy of the Annual Report, there are extra copies available in the office.