It has been a week, a very busy week! The flood has been stymied and the carpet and new hall flooring have dried out. Of course, 14 large fans and dehumidifers did the trick while adding a large amount of noise and heat to the office and hallways.
Lots of news to share, hopefully in brief nuggets:
- This Sunday is All Saints’ Sunday when we celebrate the communion of all the saints in the family of God and those that have gone before us.
- 2018 Pledge Campaign Update: In 2017 we had 53 total pledges. Through the first two Sundays, we have received 17 pledge cards. Two were new pledges and of the 15 returned from current pledgers, 7 increased their pledge (average increase of 17%!!!). This is a wonderful start and everyone’s thoughtful and gracious contributions in support of St. Mark’s is deeply appreciated. Can’t find your pledge card? Please pick up another one on Sunday. And the Stewardship Celebration brunch will be on Sunday, November 19 and catered by Spring Hill Cafe.
- THE FALL FRESH UP scheduled for Saturday has been canceled due to scheduling conflicts.
- Dinin’ with Brian–sign up sheets are on the kiosk in Goodwin Hall. Three events are scheduled before Thanksgiving. Please sign up to attend one where you might meet new people. Thanks to Stef Summers for the excellent signup sheets.
- Children’s offering to benefit WAIM: Sunday School students will continue to pass their own offering plate each week at Assembly time. All monies collected will be donated to WAIM at Christmas.
- Maggie Breen, Northeast Region Missionary of ECCT will be worshiping with us this Sunday at both services. Please extend a warm welcome and introduce yourselves at coffee hour or Starbucks.
- Can you believe it?? It is time to talk Christmas Pageant. This Sunday following the 10 am service Sarah Kaufold and Amanda Hanzlik will meet with children and parents to plan the telling of the Nativity story.
- Building Bridges Webinar –how to have a gracious discussion of contemporary issues–racism, women’s rights, immigration issues to name a few. Rev. Brian will host the webinar from Province 1 New England of the Episcopal Church. The timing is perfect for listening to all conversations at the Thanksgiving table. Tuesday, November 21 at 7:30 pm.
- Wonder how ECCT presents its budget to the Annual Convention? Join the conversation on Wednesday, November 8 at 6 pm. A light supper will be available. If you can make coffee and help set up, please let the office know.
- Please bring a donation to the food box being collected by UConn Community Service groups. Food will be distributed to local food pantries including Covenant Soup Kitchen.
- Remember the Walk for Warmth on Sunday, November 19 to help neighbors who may need help keeping their homes warm this winter.
- Daylight Saving Time ends this Saturday. Time to turn back the clocks.
- The Amazon Smile Account will not be active until Thanksgiving but ready for Black Friday (perish the thought).
- And finally, this week’s stewardship video:
Best wishes, Linda