And it is Advent–a time for expectation, anticipation, and quiet reflection but the rush is on in so many parts of daily life.
- Join us this Sunday after the 10am service for refreshments, fellowship and Advent Wreath making. Candles and wreath forms provided. Please bring some greens from your gardens plus scissors to share. And please support Khadeja and purchase a treat from the Bake Sale to take home.
- St. Mark’s is hosting Advent Lessons and Carols on Sunday, December 10 at 4:30. Please invite your friends and family to celebrate the season. Readers are needed for the service–children and youth are invited to read. If you would like to read a lesson, please speak with Rev. Brian. As we offer hospitality to those from Storrs Congregational Church and the community, please bring a dessert to share. If you can help with the reception, please contact Sarah.
- There are still Adopt-a-Family tags on the tree in the Narthex. You can help make a local child’s Christmas bright and merry. All gifts should be returned by December 10, wrapped with the original tag attached.
- The need for food donations to support Covenant Soup Kitchen is the ongoing mission of St. Mark’s. Please remember a nonperishable food item on your next trek through the grocery store. And we have a new bin in which to put the food. Many thanks to Sue Gagnon and Ted Urbanski for the donation of the bin. It certainly helps the back entrance look tidier.
- WAIM Work Day is Saturday, December 9 from 9-12. This is a great family project. Please let Rev. Brian know if you can join the group working to help neighbors in need.
- There will be a Red Cross Blood Drive here on Wednesday, December 6 from 11am-4:30pm. Whether giving blood is your tradition or this might be your first time, do stop by to donate.
- Upcoming Music Events at St. Mark’s:
- Friday, December 1, UConn Chamber Music Concert 7pm
- Saturday, December 2, Graduate Student Recital, 1pm
- Sunday, December 3, Drop the Bass a Cappella concert 2pm
Best wishes, Linda